Thursday, July 22, 2010

the week starts out slow...

Monday, July 19

Didn't do very much today, since the long day of French class drained me.
Phil presented me with his plan to visit Bordeaux to view the Tour de France, and since I've wanted to go to some wine country.. I jumped on board. Train ticket totaled around 108€

Tuesday, July 20

After class today, it was extremely hot so I stayed in until night. However, I went with some people to check out Sacre Coeur on Mont Marte to see what it's like at night. That is, after I made some dinner.
It's two frozen dinners combined into one. It's also what I made the night we were out late and nothing was open. In hindsight, I should have plated them next to each other and not have mixed it. Either way it still tasted wonderfully.

the bags...

the plate.

first "car-accident" i've seen since in Paris

At Mont Marte, there was a small "party" going on with drunk people singing and dancing. It was nice, but not very serene or romantic with all the beer bottles littered everywhere. And it was not cool that random guys would try to hit on the girls in our group. Really harassing them... But I've found a new way to practice my French: cock-blocking! =)

Sacre Coeur at night is goregous!

the city view is similar to LA w/ clear skies... sorry about the poor quality camera

Afterward, the other people wanted to bar hop, but some of us weren't prepared (pre-gamed) to do that so we went home. I especially needed sleep since I had a big quiz the next day. After downing half a bottle of sparkling cider and feeling very thirsty, I went home sober and slept. Some of the tipsy girls didn't think I'd be sober... PLease...the sugar will get to me before the alcohol will.

No comments:

Post a Comment