Friday, July 2, 2010

Plan B fails...

Friday, July 2

Plan A: Woke up on time today for the excursion with the class and met up at 10:30am...but apparently due to the heat and flood of travel going on in Paris in July, the bus driver would be scheduled to arrive at 11:15am. By law, the driver needs a 45 min break after driving a group. So we went to get lunch to bring on-board since they didn't tell us they weren't providing them for us....
I got some mini-wraps: tomato basil and some cucumber one. Meh....
Update: "since the bus isn't here yet, and most of the day is gone, we're going to reschedule this trip. Basically we're going to make you wake up earlier for the next excursion to Versailles and hit up both places to make you even more tired that day." ....sigh...
Plan B: we decided to do some shopping at Galleries de Layfette because there was air conditioning in there. Took the metro there and what not. The place was really nice and filled with goodies... but most of it was winter wear. I usually wouldn't mind, but I need something for the summer. I've learned to shop for things that are more local, compared to the states. So far Zara and H&M seem to have a cheaper base price. Of course French Connection does too, but I haven't found what I liked in their current collection. There wasn't very much in Layfette that I could buy because it was out of my price range, but having say 4 levels to shop around in was definitely something, especially when there are separate buildings for femme and homme.
We couldn't find the H&M homme, but the girls seemed to like the stuff they got. The Zara was great, but... I couldn't find my size AND it was hella HOT. Had to get out of there, but I will return =) You haven't beat me yet.
We hopped back on the metro and I went to the BHV near Hotel de Ville. It's basically another department store. The floors were organized something like so: 1) accessories, 2) formal wear, 3) casual(street) wear, 4) designer casual wear(expensive stuff)
Bottom line: I shopped, but didn't buy anything.
Dinner: We went to this place called Sushi Planet, because they delivered and had cheap sushi, so we were going to scout this place out.


spicy tuna. the spicy is on the side

maki especial. just like sashimi

dancing eel roll. this reminded me of home. soo good.

tokoyo roll. the rice needs more vinegar, but the fish is fresh

odd cities to have a sushi chain...
After finishing our food(my meal cost 14€) it was raining outside. Very scattered showers. By the time we got back to the dorms it was sunny again and hot. bleh...
As I took my clothes off... my shirt got caught to my skin mixed with sweat, rain, and humidity and I ripped it...

what a bitch....excuse to buy new clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment