Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kaguyahime at the Opera Bastille

Thursday, July 15

So after a long fun night, and very little studying done, I did horribly on the French Quiz today. Luckily, we got to watch a movie afterward. Way to take it easy after a holiday. We watched Paris by Cédric Klapisch. Haven't finished it but it was very accurate about the social life and history in Paris.
I got a Panini for lunch. The bread was nicely grilled, but I still can't find a perfect panini.

grilled panini: tomatoes, fromage(cheese), jambon(ham)

After class, I got some time to go for a jog. Phil had a route in mind to get from our dorm to the Louvre. I tried to keep up, but it was awhile since I've had any physical activity. I only ended up running to Hotel de Ville(~2km) and walked back. Felt great though.
After I came back, I didn't have much time to shower, eat, and get ready for the ballet.

Spanish Rice: delicious

the great view from inside the bastille, can you spot the Eiffel Tower?

the drum set down in the Orchestra pit

Inside the Bastille Opera House: felt a bit plain to me

got some nose bleed seats: thanks to our program...

the beautiful sunset in front of the Bastille as we left the Opera House

Brian, Priscilla, and I were hungry so we went to get some Crepes for a late dinner. It definitely tasted like breakfast. Brings back memories of back in the states.

made to order =)

oeuf(egg), fromage(cheese), and jambon crepe

2 comments:

  1. Your crepe looks like a grilled stuffed burrito from Taco Bell, haha. All of your food looks good sir. You still have time to go searching for that perfect panini, no worries.

    How was the ballet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tastes much better than a burrito from Taco Bell, Andy. =)
    The ballet was okay. I don't think i'm a ballet type of person. Would much rather prefer musicals.

    ReplyDelete