Friday, July 30, 2010

Bordeaux: Day 2 of 2

Saturday, July 24

-Bordeaux Day 2 Album

We woke up late. Britney and Phil wanted to see the time trials this morning, but i was still too tired, so I stayed in. We planned to meet back up at 10:30am. In the meantime I got my things packed, got breakfast and rented a bike for the day.

chicken curry panini: interesting taste, not bad. Apple sauce =)

We got to the winery late, but the tour didn't start yet so we were good. We got lost with the directions we were given and it wasn't as easy for me to bike so far through the streets with cars around us. We got a tour and walk-through of how they made their wine. Afterward, we were able to taste two different wines.

the wine distillation place

the wine cellar waiting to be bottled from the oak barrels

this is going to be one expensive wine. The oak for this barrel was one of Marie Antoinette's garden in Versailles bought in an auction by the owner of the vineyard.

trying for a new profile pic... and fail: I'm too weak. I wanted a head stand with the caption: "wine making my head spin"

170€ bottle that I got to taste from this vineyard. Dry, smokey, smooth, with a hint of berries in the end.

At the end, I just bought a bottle for 8€ but the guy asked if I paid for the tour. I didn't like and paid 9€ for the tour. However, my friends didn't pay yet so we jammed out of there. We got some lunch on the way back at a fast food place. Delicious taste and quantity at a great price. While we ate, we watched some french music videos with subtitles and actually understood some of it.

double yum! There are tomatoes and lettuce under the meat =)

We headed back all the way back into the city. I had a really hard time with a wine bottle making my bike unbalanced, plus my clothes and stuffs in my backpack. At some point I turned somewhere and lost them altogether. I detoured my way back to the train station to hopefully meet up with them since I was wayyy off track. They eventually found me YAY! And back into the city we went.


Bordeaux's logo? it's marked everywhere

saw a wedding in progress

ended up in a garden to rest

don't bother me, je suis fatigué

dinner: roasted salmon with olive tapanade and creme sauce. omfg mouthgasm!

Time to go home...=(

real proof I was here

multi-million dollar train: BMWs pictured above.

When I got home at around midnight... tired... really really tired... great weekend and Sunday's the day of rest. Thank God

1 comment:

  1. LOL i like the hand stand at the wine place. That salmon looks SOOOOO GOOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete