Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Monter la Tour Eiffel

Sunday, July 18

After a night of food coma and drinking, I again took it easy and woke up when I felt like it. Realized that my kitchen was a mess and half my fridge was cleared out, but for a good cause. =) and phil helped wash the dishes...Thanks!

grease stains! they're not that bad...

Phil and I decided at some point to climb the Eiffel Tower. I hadn't showered yet, but I was keeping him, so whatever... going to sweat anyways. It was 3.50€ to climb the tower, student rate. It wasn't so bad. Here are some highlights: view the rest via Facebook.

-la Tour Eiffel


Goal: to climb to the second level

...and we're off

view into the tower

first light to the first floor!

what's important is in English

the wired mesh partition looks like a glass window to me

view of Sacre Coeur

more danger!

suckers waiting to use the lazy elevator to get up.

the nice restaurant inside the Eiffel Tower

a crew performance breaking out... video will be posted later

yeah... i'm tired

someone at the end of the light to the 2nd floor

great view of la seine

2nd floor baby

view of the park

...and the descent. Fini.

When we went back, everything was mostly closed so we ate at McDonalds; got a Big Mac
And I think that was the end of that day! Exhaustion!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on climbing up most of the tower (or did you climb it all?) I remember when I climbed Mt. Fuji I only lasted two stations until I realized it wasn't gonna work out... haha, and I had a midterm the next day so I needed to head back to Tokyo. :P

    ReplyDelete