Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday...

Saturday, July 3

So I woke up and did some French homework. I'm waiting for my dad's friend to call me because we were scheduled to have lunch together at 11am.
It turns out that there were telephone problems, so we finally went to eat at 12:30pm. We went to a cafe near Gare de Lyon.

French Onion Soup. The cheese really makes it taste amazing

beef carpaccio. It was okay.

creme brulee. again the creme was soooo good.

After lunch, I did feel like food coma. But my dad's friend offered to walk and show me around. We took the metro and got off at Hotel de Ville and walked to Notredame.

Notredame

the beautiful stained glass inside Notredame

After we headed out, we walked around some more for maybe an hour before we got to the pantheon. After spending some time in there, I was exhausted...

inside the pantheon

the famous experiment that proved Earth's orbit

After I got home... I was so exhausted... made dinner and ate it.

garlic powder chicken with spaghetti

We went out for the night, but almost got in trouble for being too loud in the dorm hanging out. We went to the bars by the Bastille, I waited maybe 20 min, and got fed up after not getting any service... Not a great night.. whatever.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Reading all your post in one sitting at 3:57am in the morning makes me HELLA hungry now! I love Nutella and Pate!!! Only if you could bring some back to the states!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool Calvin! I think it's great that you met up with your family friend, and man, the food looks BOMB from this side of the world.

    ReplyDelete