Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Worst/Most Tiring Day So Far

Wednesday, June 25

So today, I didn't wake up as early. I actually had my alarm at 7am, took a snooze and woke up at 7:30am. I had to shower and shit because I had class at 9am. Anyways... class was.... long and boring. French class was alright, but it was so intense. Soo much information and stuff in 3 hours.
I ate lunch with some of the homestay people and it was cool. They showed me a place to get cheap baguette sandwiches for 2€-3€. I got a pate de champange sandwich and a chocolate eclair. DELICIOUS AND CHEAP!!!!
sooo delicious.... again... sooo good!!!

Then back to class. I had a social science emphasis course and it was two hours long. Interesting, but a little dry and did I mention, loooong. After class, apparently we had a class outing to visit the Lourve to talk about the history behind it and how to interpret the decorations on the walls.
This was the first building she talked about. This right side was actually a bell tower to indicate that it was time to kill the, I think protestants. It was balanced with a building on the left of good (not pictured) to harmonize it and repeat the idea of symmetry.
Inside the Louvre fortress walls. The design here is a big mix of different regimes.

The current main entrance of the Louvre at the tip of my finger =)

Well..... after a 2 hour walk about after a day of 5 hours of class.... we were exhausted. The walk was interesting, but, again.... looooong.

We wandered around looking for some people we were going to meet at a pub, but we never found them... frustrating after another hour of walking and searching. Especially when we missed the America futbol game.

On our way to find the people, we stopped by Notredame.. took some pictures, and left for food. We were to tired to be tourists.

We ate at a Italian restaurant that we found to be okay pricing. 12.50€ for a combo. The waiter was an ass to us though, throwing the plates everywhere.
Spaghetti Bologonese was filling. I know I could make this at home, but... it's good to settle for.
Orangina was still expensive at a restaurant and tastes exactly the same as in the states... disappointing....

When we got back home, I checked my email and GOOD NEWS! All my financial aid was sorted out and I'll be getting my long awaited loan in my account soon.
Our small group were all tired, so we ended up just staying in and chatting for the rest of the night.

Hopefully tomorrow is better.

1 comment: