Friday, June 25, 2010

Field Trip to Chantilly

Friday, June 25

We had a class excursion to Domanie de Chantilly. We took a pretty comfortable and nice charter bus there. Negative: the air conditioning was way too cold and for the whole hour there.
We got a sandwich and fruit lunch provided. It's the first day that I've had whole fruit since I've left the states. Anyway, the photos will be posted in my Facebook. Here are a few to enjoy:


Chantilly

I'd like to have a study/library like this one day

gold leafed print

enter the labyrinth!

Labyrinth!

inside the labyrinth

exiting the labyrinth- approx time: 13min

The group told us to do the Titanic pose

Q:What's a garden without many flowers? A: Chantilly

After the trip back, we ate at an Asian (not Chinese) restaurant. We had such a hard time ordering, even in Chinese(my Mandarin sucked). We ordered a combo that included a dumpling/roll, rice/noodle, meat entree, and drink/dessert for 9.50€. We did not know that seafood and meat were different prices, etc, etc. It took awhile to understand what they were saying... They microwaved our food to heat the stuff up too... This shocked me, it looked like a legit good Chinese fastfood restaurant. Food was as good as microwaved food could get.(Sorry, no pictures)
We went back to nap at 8-9pm and were going to go back out. However, I was really tired and never woke up from my nap until 3am... so I just slept in until 7am. 1st day 100% sober.

Wonder what I'm going to do this new day?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your Chinese proved to be helpful even in France. Sounds a bit unclassy to just microwave the food though. Bu hao bu hao.

    Yelp it! ;)

    ReplyDelete