Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday: Day of Rest and Homework

Sunday, June 27

Woke up, did my thing, went to the bakery and got a fresh .90€ baguette. Had it with garlic spread, Nutella, and butter.

Of course, my San Pellegrino. Tastes the same.

I was really tired today and didn't do much. I looked up online for a frozen dinner store around my area because I heard that Paris does it so much better than America. I found the place, Picard Surgeles, but they closed at 12:45pm on a Sunday. Along with everything else in Paris... Pain in the ass. On Sundays, almost all stores are completely closed, or they close early.

Ran into this market near the dorms; will check out later on.

Anyways, had lunch at McDonald's. They have the option of Deluxe Fries...yum! The burger itself wasn't to my liking though....

Please don't shun, I'm still trying new foods in another country

What you see below was originally a rail way. Now it has been converted to a garden path for pedestrians. Today there was some public art display so enjoy.

video of my stroll will be posted here.


I don't know how the people here keep their shoes clean... There's dust everywhere.

Ended the day with a movie, staying in eating cheap food and drinking a beer or two.

1 comment:

  1. No shun at all. As a matter of fact, I like to try a McDonald's at every country I visit cause you usually find something really cool that you can't get anywhere else.

    Everything closing at 12:45PM on a Sunday = worst than Westwood, and that's dead enough.

    ReplyDelete