Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tiring day...

Tuesday, June 22

So I woke up waaaay early in the morning after that crazy night, like at 6am. So I showered checked my mail, ate the rest of the pizza, and skyped with my family back home.
The orientation meetings were soo long... and drained our group. However, we went to this square near the Eiffel Tower to watch the France futbol game. The park we walked through along the way


I saw some young breakers free styling and I so wanted to join in, but I didn't want to lose the group.

Pink smoke went off along with red flares when France made a goal.

We got there only in time for the last half of the game and there was no good shaded area to sit. So most of us just chilled on the grass and enjoyed our wine, cheese, and baguette. It was amazing!!! We stayed there just relaxing and chatting for several hours. At one crazy moment, a police van drives by the street and out comes running 5 cops. At that moment all the street vendors selling trinkets jammed. They all ran up the hill with their merchandise clinking in their bags.

I need to come back and take a better picture....

The Eiffel Tower, I'm gonna climb it to the top!

We then decided to leave and get dinner back home. We went to Chev Tony and got pizza. The waiter was a character, he kept making random remarks to entertain us and sang to us too. However, he was a bit racial calling two of our people chocolate and carmel, but he said he "like chocolate, mmm...".
Hello, meet Regina!

Afterward, most of the group wanted to turn in, but Brit and Phil were down to drink at a bar near our dorm, so we ended up at this wine bar. It was very quaint and awesome. There was good music playing in the background, great ambient lighting, and Parisians around. There was one pair that were making out and talking intermittently that really distracted me a lot.
We ordered a fruiti rose wine. It was strong; don't judge...

It wasn't as great as our first night, but we still had fun.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, Calvin I'm enjoying reading about your adventures in Paris. I'm so jealous, you get to have so much wine, cheese, and bread all of the time. This sounds like my ideal place. Also, I enjoyed reading about the "racial" waiter instead of "racist"--"soooo racial!" I disapprove of him but other than that It looks like you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta have your down time too. Racist French (oh man that sounded racist) lol. JK to the French readers out there.

    1. You should have done some tricks with the guys! You would have shown them up and make them jealous of the Asian breaker.

    2. I'm glad you went out and grabbed some wine to relax. :) And it sounds tasty, even though it wasn't strong like you said lol.

    ReplyDelete