Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday is a Party Night

Thursday, June 24

So I woke up better today and had left over microwaved pizza...again.... from one of the home-stay people that didn't want to take it home.

Mixed up my baguette with garlic spread and nutella, each under 2€!!!!

I did some French homework and it makes me miss all of you when you chat with me online in real time... I apologize if I cut you off short, because I may be really tired, need to do homework, blog, or etc.... Time is short. FYI: the sun sets here around 10-11pm and the sun comes up like 6am. It's because it's summer, so it's a bit annoying...
Class wasn't so bad today. It was tolerable, but still a bit long and really warm. Our professor joked today saying that air conditioning, not enough elevators and dog shit are the only major problems with France left.
For lunch, our group tried to find a sandwich shop that the ACCENT center recommended for cheap eats, but we couldn't find it. It may have closed down or something. Hence I directed them to the store that the home-stay people showed me. I got another sandwich, but I forgot what it was called.

Delicious and cheap baguette sandwiches...love it

Next door, there was a chinese restaurant that had some food from back home and it actually looked good. Some people I knew said the food wasn't bad either. I'm definitely going to hit this spot when I'm missing gyoza, chow mein, shu mai, ha gao, bbq pork, etc...
After dropping my stuff back in my room, we went to the market. There was a strike today for Air France due to something about retirement policy changes, so there was a really large parade down the street for most of the day. It really sounded like a party because they had speakers pumping music and most people had flags in hand. However, we didn't get involved because the school advised us not to in order to not get caught if the situation escalated.

Air France Street Party/Protest against raising the age of retirement to 62 years.

I got a bottle of bordeaux, san pellegrino, orangina, and a riesling. The bordeaux was less than 3 € and was a bit vinegary, but other than that it was good.
Christine got a babel. That thing was huge!

Needed to use the restroom so I got a 1.75€ cheeseburger at McDonalds. It tasted so good.

Afterward, we headed out to the hotel de ville area to look for a good AND cheap bar. We found this nice one that offered etudante especial (a cup of beer) for 2.50€! But the method of how they pour beer from tap is so wasteful.... They just let the tap run as the foam pours out and they just casually wait until they cut the flow off. They really need to learn how to pour to minimize the foam from the beginning....From there, I had a really good time dancing. You know me, I had to let loose and do my thing.

Just some of the awesome people to have fun with!

Party with seizure-inducing strobe lights

At around 3am(maybe?) we walked home. Metro was closed, so it took maybe 20-30min to get back. Thanks to our navigator Phil, we didn't have too much trouble. 3 counts of public urination, 0 arrests!


it was a fun and tiring night

1 comment:

  1. Looking at all of your baguettes makes me really hungry. They all look so freaking good.

    You definitely had a good time that night huh? I could see the red-ness haha

    ReplyDelete