Friday, August 13, 2010

Last day in Paris

Friday, August 6

For the last day in Paris, I wanted to make sure that I visited Chinatown. Jennifer was kind enough to show me around. Before that though, I had to get some macaroons for my family back home. The group met up and we went to Laduree. I also wanted to try Pierre Herme because my French teacher recommended it to me.

one yelp user described these as precious jewels they delicately pack into boxes.

Jasmine, Wasabi, Pistachio-Apricot, Berries: all very creamy and yummy

Afterward, we went to chinatown using the metro line 14. It's the newest and doesn't need a conductor to operate. It's very clean and the air flow in the stations feel like a natural air-conditioning. We walked around and I can really say that "chinatown" just means a lot of asians live in the area and there's a bunch of asian stores. The architecture and environment indicates nothing special about the area. It does differentiate itself from the rest of Paris with it's high sky scrapers.

Banh Beo

Bo Luc Lac

Pho

found a condom dispenser on the street

coconut straw hole pick

just like home, too bad I don't have anything to open it up

this hair salon was definitely popping

After I got back, we went out for dinner at 7pm. We walked to the Quartier Latin to get dinner.

the walk there was nice, I caught a rainbow on the way.

saw this weird land pirate and his gadgets on the bridge

French onion soup: was okay...

mussels were good

i found a little crab

Rib eye, fries, salad. The steak had a lot of fat, unfortunately.

creme caramel: we thought it was creme brulee: still good

No comments:

Post a Comment