Monday, August 2, 2010

Into the Lourve

Friday, July 30

Woke up late and ate. Then went into the Lourve before I have to leave Paris...

breakfast at lunch time Grec Sandwich avec frites

inside the Lourve

inside the shopping area of the Lourve

Mona Lisa, of course

loved how the ceiling looks like it's a real sculpture up there

hit it and quit it. not cool

replica of the wall mural of Napoleon III from Versailles

related to the last supper?

I liked how the contrast effect was employed in this piece

In a room of paintings, this painting is of a room of paintings.

I recognized these guys from Mesopotamia

reminded me of Joseph Ducreux's Archaic Rap. Look it up

After I came back, I got some dinner at a Chinese restaurant nearby the dorms. I was craving it but it just made me miss home that much more because the food wasn't great. Again, they microwave the food to reheat it. Surprisingly, the son that was working didn't understand Mandarin: only French. He called his mom when I was talking in Chinese. The food overall tastes like something you can get from the frozen food isle. Even though it's called "Chinese Food" they mix everything up and given regional names to dishes instead of calling it what it is.

got these because everyone else was getting them last time, but they weren't great.

Thailand style chicken(sweet and spicy chicken) with curry fried rice (was dry)

xiu mai: tasted close, but mushy inside

dessert: coconut thingy-not too bad.

1 comment:

  1. Can they really call that Chinese food? Haha... it's cool that you still practiced your Chinese even though you are in France. Man you're almost back!

    ReplyDelete