Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Coming Home takes about 30hrs

Saturday, August 7

So Krystle and I took the metro and RER to Charles de Gaulle Airport. We had breakfast with Brian and I got some chocolates for the family before we left.

I'll miss the dairy here

pizza and quish from the bakery around the corner

the last time I'll walk through these gates.

found 2 space invaders next to each other as we left

my travel buddy. we were sweating like no other.

Krystle's flight was at 8:30pm and mine was at 2:30pm. We tried to change the flight for her, but it was a packed flight, so no go. We just chatted in the check-in area until I had to leave to keep her company.

When I got to London-Heathrow, I had about an hour to kill, so I decided I was going to try Gordon Ramsay's Restaurant: Plane Food. Don't know when I'll get the chance again. To view the review, I've made a post on Yelp.

interesting way to use grapefruit as the citrus and salmon so it's not entirely "raw"

the fish was cooked beautifully. crispy on the outside. just a tad too salty for me though.

The service was really great as I had 4 different people catering to me. However, I had Euros, Pounds, and Dollars to pay for the bill so it took a little time. When I left, they were doing a final call for my flight. Bah! I ran up the escalators, through the trams, etc. I heard final call a second time. I didn't want them to leave without me. I get to the gate.... and there's a long line of people waiting to get check on....oh well... my fault really.
Our flight took off 30 min afterward because there was a lot of air traffic so we were waiting. 1 hour later, the captain says there's something wrong with their fuel indicators so we had to turn around because it's not safe in Canada to land so. Before that they had to dump i think 50 tons of fuel into the ocean to have a safe landing.

how eco-unfriendly this is...

we got a shuttle sent to us...

i was looking forward to sliding out, but whatever...

We had to check into customs and the whole business of legally entering London. Our flight was cancelled and rescheduled to the next day at 10am. We got a complimentary night stay in the Hilton Airport Hotel with dinner and breakfast. Food was not bad; it did put me in a better mood.

my room...so lonely..



Sunday, August 8


$10 refreshment voucher that I spent on gin and tonic and crisps(potato chips). Had no idea I could get real food with it.

in flight, they gave us a whole lot of drinks at once so I had my own little bar =) no mixers though

Back in the US at 5:30pm, I went through customs no problem. I was so happy to be back. There was a drug/meat/fruit dog sniffer that went around luggage claim. It was so adorable!
I found my parents and we went to In-n-Out for a snack.

just good...

No comments:

Post a Comment